Sunday, March 29, 2015

Copies and Creeks

A few more contributions. I have been working (not always succeeding) at getting a better contrast in my paintings to make them interesting. As I am doing this, I find it a struggle when I fiddle too long on it, but a pretty neat feeling when I just try and not overwork it.

"Northern Stream in Acrylic" 12x12
This was fun. It is a copy of Tom Thomson's piece that I copied from a book. I have been trying to copy different painters to learn from doing it. Hopefully it pays off in what I am learning

"Gold Creek Peak" 11x14
I had to climb over some bush and trees to find this spot along the upper part of Gold Creek. What a cool day that was. I hope I got the movement of the water.

"Malcom Knapp #3" 11 x 14
This is the same location that I had painted earlier, but the water level was a lot higher, and more powerful. I tried to capture the power of the water, as well as the copper color in the crazy spots.
(more to come from this location. the roar of the water is ... addictive)




No comments:

Post a Comment