Friday, March 6, 2015

Mike Svob and painting red hot paintings

It has been a while since I updated. Sorry. I have been painting a lot and learning a ton, so I am not sure where to start, but for now, I think I'll just post some pics and go from there.
Also, I will be updating my pictures. I got some great advice about photographing my work from Glenn Payan (http://www.glennpayan.com/), and I was just waiting for a sunny day to get that done.

Recently, I have been reading "Painting Red Hot Paintings" by Mike Svob. Awesome book. I like where it is taking my direction on some things. Here are some of MY exercises from his book. I love the use of contrast and colour to do some of the things I have been wanting to achieve.

I like the contrasts I get from this.




1 comment:

  1. Hey Rick. I too love Mike Svob's book. I was lucky to have taken a 2 day workshop with him and have read his book several times. Love your work and thank you so much for the tube of transparent black paint. :)

    ReplyDelete