Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Mountains

I did a couple of small paintings for my mom for Christmas. They started out as 10x10 (which I finished) but we found a great deal on some frames that were 8x10, so I repainted them into the smaller format. It actually worked out better, as I was able to work out some composition issues with the first ones.
I loved doing these, as I didn't just paint pictures, but tried to incorporate a personality to these mountains. I hope my work reflects that.

We grew up in Squamish where Mt. Garibaldi dominated the northern skyline. I could have painted it from memory, as it was so prevalent in my past.
"Garabaldi" 8"x10" acrylic

My mom now lives in Abbotsford, and has another mountain to rule over her land. Mt. Baker is to her south and looks over the Fraser Valley.
"Mt. Baker" 8"x10" acrylic

No comments:

Post a Comment